Here are some of the best neighborhoods that home buyers want to buy in Kent Washington.
- Chestnut Ridge
- Royal Crest Estates
- Hillshire Terrace
- Westview Terrace
- Garrison Heights
- Aston Crest
- The Plateau
- The Ridge in Panther Lake
- Garrison Glen
- Kara Crest
- Sophia Glen & Overlook Glen
- Brandon Estates II
- Ridge Crest: KB Homes
- Rainier Park: Ichijo Technological Homes
- charming and well-maintained neighborhood
- sits right above the Valley
- 5 minutes away from Ikea, 10 minutes Southcenter Mall
- the development has its own private park, Chestnut Ridge Park.
- within walking distance of Springbrook Elementary School
- view of Kent Valley
- close to Safeway, Winco, 24 Hour Fitness
- built around 2018 by Polygon Homes
- built in the 1990s by Henderson Homes
- located right below Kentridge Highschool within walking distance
- right next to Soos Creek trail great for biking and walking
- smaller development right in between I-167 and Soos Creek Trail
- easy access to Fairwood and Bellevue from Maple Valley Highway
- built by MainVue Home around 2018, luxurious modern homes
- located not too far from the but not too far into Kent right in the middle for easy access
- within walking distance from Kentridge Highschool
- has its own private park
The Plateau & Ridge at Panther Lake
- the community includes the Plateau and the Ridge right next to each other
- centrally located, new homes built on smaller lots
- private park and basketball court
- roads, sidewall and landscaping is well maintained
- built-in 2005 by Dreamcraft Homes
- close to Benson Center for groceries and restaurants
- built by Pulte Homes in 2019
- contemporary, sloped roof homes with stone facades
- huge playground centered on a corner lot
- paved sidewalks with street lamps and with lots of greenery
- 10 minutes away from Valley Medical Center, Great Wall and freeway access to 167 North
- built by Quadrant Homes
- new Panther Lake Elementary School right across the street
- nice little neighborhood tucked away in Kent.
- beautiful craftsmanship homes, high-quality millwork cabinetry
- expect to find stonework facades, corner lot homes with patios wrapped around
Sophia Glen & Overlook Glen
- right along 167 highway, easy access
- close to Benson Hill Shopping Center
Brandon Estates II
- Newer Houses built by Harbour homes
- Within 5 minutes of Kent Station
Ridge Crest: KB Homes
- up the hill from Kent Station, Showare Center, and Sounder Commuter Center
- skate park, climbing pinnacle at Arbor Heights Park right across the street
Rainier Park: Ichijo Technological Homes
- Japanese home builder, contemporary design
- cutting edge technology, environmental respect
- commitment to quality and it’s all about the little details
- openness, quality, the use of the home, pull out cabinets, magnetic door stop
- conveniently located within walking distance to Kent YMCA
Driving Distance to Major Cities
Kent to Seattle is around 26 minutes, Bellevue 31 minutes, Tacoma 24 minutes, Maple Valley 20 minutes, Covington 16 minutes, Federal Way 17.
The median price for a house in Kent is $425,000 and for a median home for Seattle $687,000. The median includes new construction and used home. That is up 12.7% percent since 2019. A price increase generally shows large amounts of buyers are moving to the city.
Homebuyers are now moving away from the city to the suburbs, where home prices are more affordable, and one of those places is Kent Washington.
The median price for new construction in Kent is about $599,000, and compared to Seattle is $725,000.
Housing Trends and Forecast 2020
- In Kent, an average home stays on the market before it goes pending in 10 days.
- Homes in the 300K-500K go pending within 7 days or less. Buyers have a high chance of being in a multiple offer situation.
- Really hot homes can go pending over the weekend.
- Kent is extremely low in inventory for both zip codes 98031 and 98030.
- In 98031, the inventory of homes available in February 2019 was 56. In February 2020, it was 22 homes.
- Percentage of List Price is above 100% which means are home buyers bidding on homes.
- Months of inventory down to 0.6 from 1.6. This means supply is very low, virtually no homes for buyers to choose from.
Employers & Job Postings
The largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners, defense, space and security systems, and service provider to aftermarket support.
Recruiting and Staffing Company
American outdoor recreation company, sporting goods, camping gear, travel equipment, and clothing.
Develops, produces, and market highly precise, productive, and adaptable automation solutions, machining systems, and cutting tools.
In marketing and distributing food products, small wares, kitchen equipment, and tabletop items to restaurants, healthcare, and educational facilities.
Major American airline headquartered in Seatac Washington, fifth-largest airline in the U.S
PASC (Patient Accounting Services Center): Website, Job Posting
Kent has many parks and trails, scenic, and recreation roads. On the west side, you can find bike trails along the Green River that stretches for miles. A chance to see wildlife, mountain bikes, or a leisure walk.
Van Doren’s Landing Park
- -10-acre park along the Green River Trail, picnics, BBQ’s, and fishing
- -long trails great for walks
- -beautifully maintained
Soos Creek Trail
- -5.9 miles of wildlife
- –bicycle, walking, horses trail
- -meanders through woods, wetlands, and meadows
Kent Valley Loop Trails
Created in 2013, these trails create a unique regional biking and recreation destination in Kent. The five trails consist of a paved and level surface, view of Mt. Rainier and Green River Valley, connects to parks with amenities, and downtown Kent.
How to Check for School District
- works better with no comma no State and no Zipcode